Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

Hello, Sunni here!

My daughter Hailey and my granddaughter Polly could not agree on who would write the blog entry for today, and finally they asked me. After all, I remember the event. The attack on New York City and Washington, DC, on the 11th of September, 2001, that is.

It is something I am sad to recall, this attack on my home country. I remember how upset all the humans were, and for good cause. The attack came out of the blue, figuratively as well as literally. Dogs like me were equally upset. I do not think any of us realized the scope of this event at the time, nor did we anticipate what would come next. This attack was the start of the US war on terror. I am not particulary fond of this war, but at least we have got rid of Osama bin Laden now. Hopefully, there will be no more attacks of this kind in our lifetime.

My thoughts go out to all the dogs and humans who died or who lost someone close to them on 9/11. There were not many dogs who died, if I am informed correctly, but I am sure many dogs missed the humans who died. I believe that missing someone dear might be harder than if you are the one who is missed. Rest in peace, all victims.

No comments: